Two sergeants from Texas’ Department Of Criminal Justice found more than they bargained for when they went to pick up 45 boxes of bananas that were being donated to the department. As the sergeants began picking up the boxes, they quickly noticed that something wasn’t quite right. People Magazine (@people) reported, there was nearly $18 million worth of cocaine packaged in with the fruit.
“Sometime life gives you lemons. Sometimes it gives you bananas.” The department joked on their official Facebook page after the discovery.
The cocaine was hidden beneath the bundles of bananas. The sergeants contacted U.S. customs, who ran a test on the white substance and confirmed that it was cocaine. 540 packages were discovered with an estimated street value of just under $18 million. It’s not clear who sent the cocaine or who was supposed to pick it up. One thing is clear though…..somebody f*cked up! Big time!
Former Trump campaign spokesperson and frequent CNN guest, Jason Miller has announced that he will be quitting his job as an analyst on CNN amid some very serious allegations that have been levied against the adamant Trump supporter.
The New York Post (@nypost) reported, Miller adamantly denied the claims against him and announced that he would be quitting his job at CNN to “focus on clearing his name.” Miller said he would fight the accusations against him.
Miller is alleged to have had multiple extramarital relationships, including the one these accusations stem from. Instead of just having sex with a woman who you were cheating on your wife with once, Miller allegedly entered into a relationship with the woman he met in a strip club in Orlando. At some point the woman allegedly found out she was pregnant. When Miller found out he spiked the woman’s smoothie with an abortion pill, court documents alleged.
According to the court documents, the woman ended up having to go to the emergency room because she was bleeding heavily. She reportedly nearly went into a coma. The woman spent two days in the hospital as a result of the incident.
Miller took to Twitter to post several tweets about his accuser and the allegations made against him.
LOS ANGELES, CA
Former Death Row co-founder, Suge Knight, is looking at, what’s known in jails and prisons across the country, as “football numbers”, after pleading guilty to a charge of manslaughter stemming from an incident that left one man dead.
Big Suge is looking down the barrel of a 28-year prison sentence when he goes back in front of a judge on October 4, to officially be sentenced. NBC News (@NBCNews) reports, Suge Knight’s latest legal troubles stem from a 2015 incident at a promotional shoot for the Straight Outta Compton movie. Knight ran over 2 men with his truck outside of Tam’s Burgers. Terry Carter, 55 and Cle “Bone” Sloan, 51 were plowed down as Knight recklessly reversed out of the parking lot. Carter died from his injuries. Sloan survived. Knight had originally argued that his life was in danger at the time and he had no intentions of running anyone over. Knight said Carter was a friend of his. Prosecutors argued otherwise. They say Knight had a confrontation with people affiliated with the movie earlier that same day, and had come back looking for trouble. On Thursday, Knight decided not to fight the case, and pled guilty to the manslaughter charge. He also requested a new attorney. When he goes back for sentencing in October, Knight will be represented by his fifteenth (15) different lawyer since this trial started.
At 53-years old, a 28-year prison sentence is something I don’t see Suge coming home from. 28-years is a long time….unless there’s some parole involved. If this in fact, the end of the line for Suge Knight, it is a very strange ending to a story that involved the man who played a huge role in arguably the best era of music hip-hop has ever seen. Not really a surprising ending, considering all of the dirt Suge was alleged to have done in his lifetime, but……strange.
ST. CLOUD, MN
A republican lawmaker has been accused of sexual assault/inappropriate touching, by his own daughter. Minnesota state rep. Jim Knoblach has officially dropped his re-election bid on Friday after he was approached by MPR News (@MPRnews) about allegations made by his daughter that he’d inappropriately touched her for years.
“Her allegations are false.” I and other family members have made repeated attempts to reconcile with her in recent years, but she has refused.”
“I could fight on for another six weeks to defend my reputation while running for re-election. But this would entail subjecting my wife, son, and elderly parents, as well as my daughter, to six weeks of extreme stress and scrutiny. I’m also not willing to spend six weeks fighting with my daughter in the media. As a result, I feel I have no choice but to effectively end my campaign today so I can work toward healing my family.” Knoblach said in a lengthy statement released on Friday.
Knoblach’s daughter, Laura, who is now 23-years old, told MPR News that the first memories of her father’s inappropriate touching happened when she was about 9-years old. She said this went on for years. Laura Knoblach vividly described memories of her father coming into her room late at night.
“He would put his arm around me and not let me get up or get away, and he would lick my neck and bite my ear.” Knolbach told MPR in an interview.