10 PHILADELPHIA POLICE OFFICERS PLACED ON DESK DUTY AS PART OF PROBE INTO RACIST & OFFENSIVE SOCIAL MEDIA POSTS BY COPS

PHILADELPHIA, PA

 

 

 

Ten police officers in Philadelphia have been placed on desk duty after an investigation uncovered “racist, intolerant, and otherwise offensive” Facebook posts by the cops. Philadelphia Police Commissioner, Richard Ross said in a statement that the entire 6500- member police force would undergo anti-bias training. This, in response to the publication of The Plain View Project, a database professing to catalog activity from police in eight jurisdictions nationwide, including Philadelphia.

 

 

 

The Philadelphia Inquirer (@PhillyInquirer) reports, The Plain View Project published the database Saturday, saying it included offensive material from about 330 Philadelphia cops. Some of them were identified as high-ranking officers. In his statement, Police Commissioner Ross said the department had asked a law firm to help evaluate the Facebook posts and comments to help identify who may have made the post, and if those posts violated the departments’ social media policy.

 

 

 

   “When a police officer’s expression of his or her opinions erodes the police department’s ability to do its job and maintain the public’s trust, the department is permitted to act. Those officers that we have identified that appear to have engaged in explicit bias against any protected class of individual or who advocated any form of violence, will be immediately removed from street duty during the course of these investigations.”

 

Police Sgt. Eric Gripp said that the 10 officers whose posts were considered among the most egregious had been placed on desk duty pending an Internal Affairs investigation. Some of the posts made by the cops included posts that celebrated acts of violence against Muslims, immigrants and black people. Some posts captured long, “hate-filled”, exchanges that appeared to involve multiple officers, according to the database. Some of the posts have allegedly been contributed to at least one police inspector, six police captains, and eight lieutenants.

Advertisements

HOMELESS MAN WHO PARTICIPTAED IN 400K GOFUNDME SCAM SENTENCED TO 5-YEARS PROBATION

NEW JERSEY

 

 

 

Johnny Bobbitt Jr., the homeless man who admitted helping a New Jersey couple run a GoFundMe scam that pulled in more than $400,000, was sentenced to 5-years probation on Friday. Bobbitt Jr. won’t go free just yet. Last month he pleaded guilty to one count of conspiracy to commit money laundering in federal court. He has not yet been sentenced in the fed case.

 

 

gofundme

 

 

 

NBC News (@NBCnews) reported, Bobbitt’s guilty plea stems from a plan concocted by a New Jersey couple back in 2017. In November of that year, Kate McClure and her then boyfriend, Mark D’Amico, created a GoFundMe account they said would help a homeless man, after he allegedly gave McClure the last $20 he had so she could get gas, after her car had allegedly broken down on the highway and left her stranded. Prosecutors say that was when the couple recruited Bobbitt, who actually was homeless at the time, to play the homeless hero who gave McClure the last $20 he had to his name, so she could make it home safely. The story of generosity tugged at the heartstrings of the general public. In just a couple of weeks the GoFundMe campaign had raised over $400,000. Things were all good until Bobbitt decided to file a lawsuit against the couple claiming that he’d never received any of the money, and that the couple were using the funds as their personal piggy bank to finance a life of luxury and luxurious trips around the world. The couple didn’t take the claims lying down. They made some claims of their own. Saying Bobbitt was a strung out drug addict who’d basically smoked/shot up all of the money they gave him. They claimed to be holding the rest of the money for him until he cleaned himself up. Because the feud and the case was so highly publicized, the law decided to take a peek at the case. That’s when the couple’s scam was discovered.

 

 

gofundme-2

 

 

 

McClure got hit with a conspiracy to commit wire fraud charge by the feds. She pleaded guilty and is currently staring down the barrel of a 20-year prison bid when she goes back for sentencing. She’s also allegedly about to get hit by the state with a theft and conspiracy charge. Those charges have not officially been filed yet though. D’Amico made out a little better than his ex-girlfriend. He escaped a fed charge. The feds decided not to charge him. But he does have a theft and conspiracy charge in the state pending. D’Amico has not pleaded guilty to the charges. As of now, he’s going to fight it. He has publicly denied any wrongdoing from the start.

FEDS SEIZE 450 KILOS OF COCAINE AT PORT OF PHILADELPHIA

Philadelphia, PA

 

 

 

Somebody….or some people are really pissed off this morning. You would be too if you’d just lost more than 1180 POUNDS (450 kilos)  of cocaine with an alleged wholesale street value of 27,000 per kilo.

 

 

coke philly-2

 

 

 

According to 6abc action news the cocaine was seized from a cargo container that was resting on a shipped docked at the Port Of Philadelphia. Federal agents allegedly found the drugs inside of 13 large duffel bags inside the container. Federal officials estimated the value of the drugs to be around $38 million. Cops and FEDS tend to announce the retail value of seized drugs when they do these type of huge seizures. I guess it adds drama to the seizure. Bigger numbers make for a better story? I don’t know…all I know is that 450 kilos at a wholesale price of $27,000 per, is closer to a grand total of around $12 million. Math has never been my strong suit…so what the hell do I know? Anyway, the ship that the drugs were recovered from originated in Guatemala and made a stop in the Bahamas before docking in the U.S. It will likely be very hard to nail down the exact place where the drugs were loaded onto the ship. So, that’s one less thing the owner of this cocaine will have to worry about, but that peace of mind still doesn’t replace his seized cocaine.

MIA FESTIVAL TO BE MOVED FROM PHILLY’S PARKWAY. JAY-Z & ROC NATION NOT HAPPY ABOUT IT

PHILADELPHIA, PA

The “Made In America” concert and festival which has become an annual huge deal in the city of Philadelphia, is reportedly searching for a new home after this year, according to a statement from Philly Mayor Jim Kenney’s Deputy Communications Director this morning.

“This is the last year MIA (Made In America) will be held on the Parkway.” Com. Director Sarah Reyes said in a statement to the Philadelphia Daily News and Inquirer.

Philly.com (@phillydotcom) reported that this years’ headlining acts are scheduled to be Nicki Minaj, Meek Mill, Post Malone, and Diplo.

The Labor Day Made In America festival has been held on the Ben Franklin Parkway in Philly’s Art Museum District since 2012. The annual event has always attracted huge names in the music industry. Roc Nation’s direct involvement in the festival certainly played a huge part in attracting acts like Rihanna, Kanye West, and the Queen B herself – Beyonce over the years, just to name a few. The festival has certainly brought a boost in economy for nearby businesses over the years with all of the traffic in town for the weekend concert also. So why would the Mayor want to move a concert that has done so many positive things for the city?

Unofficial word on the street is complaints of too much noise and traffic in the area. It’s not set in stone that MIA will not be taking place in Philly next year, but Mayor Kenney’s office made it crystal clear that the concert will not be taking place on the Parkway anymore.

“When the festival first started, it was intended to provide a unique attraction to the city on the otherwise quiet Labor Day weekend. Over the years tourism has grown overall, and the need for an event of this scale at this location may no longer be necessary.” Reyes said in a statement.

Roc Nation seemed to be blindsided by the announcement from the Mayor’s office.

“We are disappointed that the Mayor of Philadelphia would evict us from the heart of the city, through a media outlet, without a sit-down meeting, notice, dialogue, or proper communication. We consider this stance a failure on the Mayor’s part.” Roc Nation founder Jay-Z said in a statement.

It’s not clear if Roc Nation will search for a new location in the city for the festival or leave the city altogether. Hopefully the two sides can come to an agreement of some sort. The MIA concert has become an annual event that many in the city have come to look forward to every year.